We actually went on vacation. For any of you that know my husband, this was a huge feat. I mean an actual vacation. This was actually our 10-year anniversary trip. We went on a cruise through Norwegian Cruise Line.
We drove to Miami leaving on a Saturday 7/6. Got to Miami on Sunday and we stayed the night. We eagerly got on The Norwegian Sky Monday morning and each day we were on a new Bahama island. Tuesday-Freeport, Wednesday-Nassau, and Thursday-Great Stirrup Cay (the cruise line’s private island). We arrived back in Miami on Friday and we spent two days with my grandmother in Florida (she lives near Delray Beach). My mom and stepfather were down there too, so we spent the mornings in the water.
Although it’s nearly impossible to describe over a week’s vacation in a blog post without boring you, but I’ll try. I picked 10 things I loved about my vacation since it was our ten year anniversary vacation.
10. The ship- It was a wonderful place to stay for a few days. There were 12 floors and the ship held (I think) over 2,000 passengers, but it didn’t feel crowded at all. This was actually one of their older ships, but they were updating everything. Also, if your thinking about going on a cruise, I didn’t get sea sick. I couldn’t even really feel the ship move.
9. Freestyle Dining: We could eat whenever we wanted and where ever we wanted. We didn’t have to get dressed up either. I loved the dinner where we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. Some crew members sang us a romantic song and even encouraged Tony to sing to me too. 🙂 It was so neat, although I was a little embarrassed with all that attention.
8. The towels: I know. I know. It might sound strange, but we were looking forward to how they folded the towels each day. We teased that our room steward was like a ninja. We never saw him, but we always had a perfect room. I kind of messed this little guy up when I decided to hold it for the picture. See our complementary bottle of wine in the background too?!
7. The views from the ship: They were absolutely beautiful. I wish I would have taken more pictures because the picture below really doesn’t do it justice. There is just something amazing about being with my best friend taking in breathtaking views.
6. Activities on the ship: We loved all the activities on the ship. We won $120 on Bingo, $100 on the ship’s casino, and nothing on Deal or No Deal. Ironically, Deal or No Deal was my favorite because you could play along with the contestant chosen randomly from the audience. Tony and I had a good time! We also loved the comedian.
5. Romantic Dinner Night- Tony and I chose to eat in one of the ship’s ‘special’ restaurants the second night on the cruise ship. This is where you get a beautiful meal, a gorgeous view, and amazing service. Our dinner consisted of shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and a toffee brownie with homemade chocolate ice cream. This was our best dinner on the ship. Besides, the company was great too! Doesn’t he look so handsome?!
4. Morning coffee on the deck– We spent our mornings drinking coffee with the beautiful views. As simple as this is, it was one of my favorite parts. I enjoyed the time with Tony talking about the day before and what our next adventure was going to be.
3.Snorkeling- We chose to snorkel at Great Stirrup Cay. We didn’t see much, but we still had fun. Besides, Tony couldn’t really sit still, so this was a perfect adventure for both of us. 🙂 We did the same thing 10 years ago on our honeymoon at the same island. I loved it.
2. Atlantis– We spent the day at the Aquaventure at Atlantis in Nassau. It was really amazing. My favorite part was going on their rapid river ride (I’m not really sure what it was called). We thought it was going to be a lazy river… ummm.. no. It wasn’t at all. We loved the built in water slides and waves! Although the double tube made it a bit scary. 🙂 We also got to go through aquariums with sharks, which was awesome!